Some Things to Do In 2012: Revisited
I think I rocked 2012.
- Listen to music more. I didn’t do so well in the first few months of the year, but it picked up after that. Between new CDs, SiriusXM, and live music, I think I did well.
- Read 20 books. I read 20 books. I might be able to hit 21 by the end of the day.
- Go to a Halloween party. Okay, so I bought tickets to a Halloween party that I had heard about. A few days before party, I got an email saying that they were going to change it to an indoor party, which meant fewer people could come. They offered me ticket to a couples only event they were also having, but I didn’t have anyone to go with. I decided to stay home that night.
- Go to a Christmas party. I went to my company’s Christmas party and had a great time.
- Buy new clothes. I bought new shoes, shirts, jeans, socks, and coats. I almost bought a new suit, but they couldn’t get anything to fit me when I needed it.
- Meet new people. I’ve met new people at work and outside of work. I need to hang out with them more.
- Do social gaming. I’ve done more social gaming this year. It’s been all online. P.A.X. inspired me to do more board gaming, but so far that hasn’t gone anywhere. I recently found out about a couple of groups trying to get a regular gaming night going, but with the holidays nothing got off the ground. Maybe in the new year.
- Start buying collectibles. I’ve been doing a good job of growing my collection of geeky items. Following Brian’s suggestion, I’ve been documenting them on Facebook, Google+, and Flickr.
What a great year this has been. I moved across the country to a great city with lots of exciting things to do. I’ve made new friends and I have a job that I love.I’m not going to make a list for 2013. I’m just going to keep doing what I’m doing.